Obsessed with organization? Looking for a challenging role? Love unique projects?
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our team!
This role will be hands-on will report to the Director of Museums. The work is as varied as our projects and will include budgeting, scheduling, planning, fabrication and shipping logistics, and quality control.
As a Project Manager, your responsibilities will include, but won’t be limited to, the following:
– Work with, and effectively communicate with, the client to understand all aspects of the project requirements
– Manage milestones, deliverables, and daily efforts for various projects and supervise contractors to design creative exhibitions delivered on mission, on time, and on budget
– In close collaboration with the Project Director, create and manage critical paths, milestones, cost estimates, and budgets for all projects
– Review fabrication and installation drawings with the assistance of Detailers, and the Production Manager
– Communicate with vendors and suppliers to source materials and determine costs
– Prepare and issue Work Orders and monitor shop and vendor production, including quality control inspection of completed parts
– Work in a highly collaborative fashion with subcontractors, consultants, partners, and HOLMAN staff, on project elements and deliverables
– Day to day communication with the Project Directors, other Project Managers, Project Coordinators, vendors, and suppliers
– Travel and site visits may be required
– Degree in Architecture/Construction Management/Structural Engineering/Industrial Design/History/Design/Media
– AND/OR Demonstrable Experience working in Museums (incl. Galleries)/ Trade Shows/Immersive Experiences/Attractions/Construction/ Custom Fabrication
– Self-motivated, problem solver, and detail-minded with the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
– Skilled in negotiations, time management and multi-tasking
– Knowledge of scheduling software like Team Gantt, Microsoft Project, etc.
– Knowledge of basic office software like Excel, Word, Acrobat Pro, etc.
– Knowledge and interest in custom millwork/metalwork/plastic fabrication
– Knowledge and interest in technology (e.g. AR/VR/Projection Mapping and electronics, etc)
– Knowledge of graphics and large-format print production
– Knowledge of crating and packaging and shipping logistics
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; Fluent in English – verbal and written
– Ability to work individually and as part of the team to meet deadlines and overachieve on goals
Other Desirable Attributes:
– You take ownership and pride in your work
– You are ambitious and have a strong work ethic
– You are passionate with a willingness to exceed expectations
– You have an inquisitive nature