Looking for an exciting role? Good at problem-solving? Love unique projects?
We are looking for a Project Coordinator to join our team!
This role will be hands-on, working closely with the Project Management team and reporting to the Director of Museums. The work is as varied as our projects and you will be involved in the complete project lifecycle, from concept design to fabrication and installation.
You shouldn’t be afraid to ask questions and are comfortable juggling multiple projects and priorities. We are looking for Jack or Jill of all trades with strong communication skills both written and verbal. Photography/videography skills get you bonus points!
As a Project Coordinator, your responsibilities will include, but won’t be limited to, the following:
– Provide project assistance to the Project Management team with all phases of projects including assisting with design, detailing, fabrication, and installation
– Assist in the preparation of RFP responses, Cost Estimates, and Change Orders
– Help to establish critical paths and key milestones for projects, including client delivery expectations
– Review fabrication and installation drawings with the assistance of Project Managers, Detailers, and the Production Manager
– Communicate with vendors and suppliers to source materials and determine costs
– Prepare and issue Work Orders and monitor shop and vendor production, including quality control inspection of completed parts
– Work in a highly collaborative fashion with subcontractors, consultants, partners, and HOLMAN staff, on project elements and deliverables
– Day to day communication with the Project Directors, Project Managers, other Project Coordinators, vendors, and suppliers
– Travel and site visits may be required
– Degree or Diploma or 3-5 years relevant work experience Degree/Diploma in any of the following: Architecture/Construction /Engineering/Design/History/Media
– Passion for some of the following: Museums (incl. Galleries)/Trade Shows/Immersive Experiences/Attractions/Construction/Custom Fabrication/Prop or Set Building/Technology (e.g. AR/VR/Projection Mapping)/Model Making
AND experience with some of the following, but a passion for more than one:
– Experience with designing exhibits, attractions, or experiential spaces
– Experience with woodworking or metalwork
– Experience with CAD software, such as Solidworks, Auto CAD, Rhino, 3DS Max, Sketchup, Revit
– Experience with Adobe products, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere
– Experience writing professional/technical papers for publicized documents, RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, and so on
– Experience with Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel
Other Desirable Attributes:
– You take ownership and pride in your work
– You are ambitious and have a strong work ethic
– You are passionate with a willingness to exceed expectations
– You have an inquisitive nature