Have a passion for millwork? Love unique projects?
We are looking for a Jr. Millwork Fabricator to join our team!
This role will report to the Wood Shop Manager.
Our projects range from basic cabinetry to museum display cases to custom structures. We build primarily with wood and finish in everything imaginable.
As a Jr. Millwork Fabricator, your responsibilities will include, but won’t be limited to, the following:
– Manufacture and assemble high-quality millwork structures
– Interpret drawings, specifications, and sample parts to determine tolerances
– Map out fabrication strategies, determine the sequence of operations, and establish set up requirements
– Assist with staging by setting up frames and testing project elements
– Complete basic paperwork such as timesheets and work orders accurately
– Communicate any issues with timelines immediately to your supervisor
– Follow all procedures as directed
– Follow all safety rules at all times
– Strive for zero defects and/or deficiencies on each job
– Minimize wastage and scrap through careful and thoughtful work practices
– Report any defective equipment or unsafe working conditions immediately
– Other responsibilities as required.
– Graduate of a woodworking, carpentry, or furniture making programme and/or 2-4 years of relevant experience
– Ability to read and interpret blueprints
– Experience with materials including metal, solid surfaces, and acrylic an asset
– You’re a team player with incredible attention to detail
– Experience with architectural interiors, retail or exhibits an asset
Other Desirable Attributes:
– You take ownership and pride in your work
– You are passionate with a willingness to exceed expectations