Calling all aspiring Creative Directors!
We currently have an opening for an Associate Creative Director to join our Design and Engineering team!
This position will be hands-on with the design and development of multiple projects, in addition to providing creative insight and guidance on projects that others are working on. Having a passion for custom fabrication and branded environments is essential. Excellent presentation skills are a must.
This role reports to the Executive Vice President/Creative Director.
As part of the Design & Engineering team, this role will include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Confident in your design abilities, with the personality to inspire clients with your storytelling, while still being humble enough to accept, analyze, and grow based on critical feedback
– A strong, multi-talented, creative leader that values strategic thinking and rationale to inform their creative ideation/solutions
– A strong presenter that can clearly articulate creative strategy
– Able to motivate, influence, and inspire others to achieve greatness
– Driven by curiosity and a passion for creativity; keeps a finger on the pulse of our business sectors
– An entrepreneurial spirit with unparalleled drive, ambition, and enthusiasm
– Tenacious in nature; does not take ‘no’ for an answer and creates opportunities to achieve excellence
– Able to provide concise and constructive creative feedback
– An imaginative storyteller that uses conceptual thinking, client/guest/customer insights, and real-world knowledge to justify every aspect of a project
– Excited to build something new with a thirst to work smarter not harder
– Work collaboratively with Salespeople, Account Managers, and Designers to ensure the most successful outcome, accounting for all known project limitations
– Manage all design requests, including project distribution (to designers) and hiring of freelance talent, when necessary
– Involve the EVP/Creative Director to develop strategic creative solutions, discuss project challenges, overcome conflicts with project deliverables, and resolve performance issues with designers, as required
– Responsible for the conceptualization, development, and presentation of all projects, across multiple business sectors
– Monitor and assist other designers to ensure they are meeting, and ideally, exceeding client expectations
– Lead by example, setting the expectations required of the other designers when it comes to process, time management, quality, and commitment – doing whatever’s necessary to meet deadline’s and exceed expectations
– Prepare your own concepts (yes, you’ll be an active designer!) for retail and immersive environments, trade show exhibits, P.O.P. displays, experiential activations, architectural interiors, attractions, custom furniture, and other specialty features
– Develop concepts using 3D software such as Rhino, Solidworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
– Develop engaging, inspiring, and exciting client presentations using InDesign
– Adhere to, and enforce, HOLMAN’s design procedure, which outlines the Design+Estimating process for projects
– Produce and/or oversee the production of presentation boards containing renderings, material samples, colour charts, etc.
– Ensure all designs include materials, furnishings, and lighting that are available in the marketplace
– Attend client meetings & presentations, as required, with the confidence to explain any design and design-related technical questions
– Research industry-related publications and visit trade shows for inspirational purposes
– Day to day communication with the EVP/Creative Director, salespeople, Account Managers, estimators, designers, fabricators, and suppliers
– Occasional travel and site visits may be required
– Bachelor’s degree in theatrical design, industrial design, environmental design, interior design, or architecture
– 8+ years of professional design experience with 3+ years of design leadership experience
– 5+ years of experience working in Rhino, with practical knowledge of cameras, lighting, and V-Ray rendering is required. Equivalent experience using 3DS Max will be considered
– 5+ years experience working in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and In Design is preferred
– Proven experience designing trade show exhibits, retail displays, retail fixtures, engaging temporary and/or permanent environments, experiential trailers, immersive experiences, and/or custom architectural features
– Quick and efficient at sourcing brand guides, reference photos, and inspirational imagery
– Strong hand-sketching/illustration skills
– Graphic design experience considered an asset